Shea butter is one of the most common ingredients in skin care products. If you’re looking for the best way to treat your skin, this natural extract offers multiple benefits. It’s no wonder you find this natural ingredient in premium skin and facial products on the market.
What is Shea Butter?
Shea butter is a luxurious natural fat extracted from Shea tree nuts. These nuts come from the African Karite tree (Shea tree) which is native to West Africa. The Shea tree is often referred to as the Tree of Life because of the amazing health benefits it offers. The use of this product for skin care goes back centuries.
At room temperature, Shea butter is thick and solid with a buttery consistency. These properties make it easy to apply, which is the reason it’s used in premium skin and face care products. It has the perfect texture for lip balms, skin conditioners, body lotions, hand, eye creams.
The butter is good at penetrating the skin, because of the high (60%) fat content. Shea butter delivers moisture and anti-aging properties into your skin.
Shea butter is naturally rich in fatty acids and vitamins E, A and F and these make it the perfect cosmetic ingredient for skin care.
- Vitamin A improves skin conditions such as blemishes, wrinkles, eczema, and dermatitis
- Vitamin F protects and rejuvenates soothing rough dry or chapped skin and helps soften dry or damaged hair
- Vitamin E reduces inflammation and makesyour skin look younger by aiding cell regeneration
Compared to other seed oils, shea butter boasts more healing properties and with a healing fraction ranging from 5% to 17%. This makes it perfect for treating skin problems such as frostbite, allergies, insect bites, and sunburn. The full range of vitamins and essential fatty acids helps with UV protection and collagen production.
Shea Butter Benefits for your Skin
Shea butter is a natural moisturizer and offers myriad benefits for your skin. Here are just a few of these skin benefits:
- It’s an antioxidant to prevent premature aging
- Used for moisturizing effect on all types of skins owing to the fatty acid content, including linoleic, oleic, stearic, and palmitic acids.
- Perfect for dry skin due to its emollient properties (it soaks into your skin and create a moisture-sealing barrier). Ingredients in Shea butter such as stearic, palmitic, and linoleic acids create a skin barrier to lock in moisture.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties to protect your skin and help in faster skin healing
- Fights skin infections
- Helps manage/prevent acne
- Promotes youthful looking skin by boosting collagen production and cell regeneration
- Soothes skin conditions like eczema, dermatitis, and psoriasis, sunburn, insect bites
- Prevent scarring by preventing keloid scar tissue from growing
The list of benefits goes on and this makes shea butter a must-have in your skin and face care products.
Shea Butter in Skin Care Products
Here are two products which leverage this wide range of Shea butter benefits:
- Nordic Care Skin Conditioner Lotion (Shea Butter Body Lotion): The vitamin-rich moisturizing skin conditioner contains powerful moisturizers and antioxidants like urea and shea butter. Enjoy the wide range of benefits of shea butter from moisturizing, youthful skin anti-aging properties), and skin protection.
- Nordic Care Hand Lotion for Dry Hands and Cracked Skin: Your hands are always working and this makes them prone to damage. This vitamin-rich moisturizing hand cream contains Shea butter to stimulate collagen production, soothe, repair, and prevent dry cracked hands. It’s perfect for hands protection against exposure to extreme weather and ensures your hands always feel soft.
Shea butter is a renowned miracle worker and works tirelessly for soft, smooth, and healthy skin. Worried about your dry skin? Maybe you want to rejuvenate your skin and make it supple? Use Shea butter based skin, face and hand care products for the best results.